newbie: "fake" README for remote of a `vcsh` repo?

Tom Roche Tom_Roche at pobox.com
Tue Feb 10 02:59:53 CET 2015

For the gory details, see

https://github.com/RichiH/vcsh/issues/147

but my request boils down to this:

I'm using `vcsh` to VC files in $HOME (et al), but

1. I want to leverage the goodness of `vcsh`/`mr` and have repos for bash, emacs, ssh, etc

2. I also want to have remote repos (for now, privates on Bitbucket)

3. I also want my remotes to have READMEs.

4. I'm trying to standardize my READMEs on reST (which is advantageous for some scientific projects on which I'm *really* working)

So I'd like to know, how to create a README.rst in a "fake" but committable vcsh repo, rather than in $HOME ? Note I'd bail to Bitbucket's web UI to create my READMEs, but their web editor will only take Markdown, so I'd very much prefer to create a ./README.rst for my project ... just not in $HOME.

TIA, Tom Roche <Tom_Roche at pobox.com>