vcsh: making $VCSH_BASE a per-repository property?

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Fri Dec 23 14:47:20 CET 2011

I would like to maintain a set of vcsh repositories as root user, both in /root and /etc;
i.e. I have multiple possible $VCSH_BASE's with each a set of vcsh git repositories.

currently $VCSH_BASE is configured inside the vcsh script itself and can be overridden by setting the environment variable before running the script.
however, wouldn't it make more sense to make this a configuration setting for each repository separately? (and if unset, still fallback to $HOME)
has anyone actually overridden this variable through the environment variable, ever? in which use case?

Dieter