Cabal won’t install git-annex, complains about Control.Monad.IO.Control

Sean Whitton sean at silentflame.com
Sat Dec 10 12:48:07 CET 2011

Hey,

Currently reviewing my setup; switching from madduck’s vcsh to RichiH’s,
and from unison to git-annex for my ~/var/ directory of massive media
files and backups and the like.  Liking it so far.

Have installed ghs using my distribution’s package (CRUX, it’s
source-based) and have installed cabal, but I get this error when
running the installation command suggested on the git-annex wiki:

,----
| Configuring git-annex-3.20111203...
| Preprocessing executables for git-annex-3.20111203...
| Building git-annex-3.20111203...
|
| Annex.hs:25:8:
| Could not find module `Control.Monad.IO.Control':
| Use -v to see a list of the files searched for.
| cabal: Error: some packages failed to install:
| git-annex-3.20111203 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
| ExitFailure 1
`----

Anyone know why this might be?  This is my first experience with
Haskell.

Thanks.