I am using fsvs and just found svnhome in google...

Plamen Marinov plamenjm at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 29 23:10:33 CEST 2008

Hi all,

Sorry I am bit late with my answer. Few notes from me (as beginner):

1. I understand git and svn have advantages and negatives (I do not
understand everything that was said)

2. I understand 'offline commits' are good feature. Instead commit
everything at once (when I become online), it is better to do few small
commits (each commit with it own commit message).

Looks like git have this feature 'build in'. I think (I am begineer with
both linux and fsvs) it could be easy to 'get status' and 'copy all
changed files' to separate temp directory. Once you become online, you
could easy do commit all temp directories. (Of course, if there are big
files, these temp directories will require some space).

I understand it is kind of work around.

3. No one talk about 'versioning meta data' like mode, group, owner,
last modified time. This feature is build in fsvs.

regards,
Plamen.