Building a tool to make the process automated

Eddy Petrișor eddy.petrisor at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 01:10:31 CEST 2007

Martin Fick wrote:
> Lastly, I have a conceptual enhancement for the
> svnauto tool that I have been thinking about for a
> while, maybe something that you want to consider for
> your project also.  The problem: I have directories
> that I do not want autoversioned, say a source code
> directory for which I want each commit to be a manual
> commit with a normal developer's commit message.  But
> within these directories I still want the safety of an
> autoversioning system!

This sounds a lot like what I am doing manually with svn/cvs repos when I don't have commit access there.

For these cases (or when I simply don't want to commit yet) I initialize a darcs repo at a higher level than the
checkout, over the cvs/svn checkout and I keep recording in darcs, while I ignore the cvs/svn diff. This allows me to
have the benefits of a DVCS (especially history) without having to have access in the upstream centralized VCS.

Probably svk or bazaar-NG would be a better choice to combine with svn repos.

--
Regards,
EddyP